The art of Taijiquan consists of both solo and partner training. Solo practice teaches us about our relationship with ourselves and with gravity while partner training takes that to a new level with the introduction of “external” forces. It allows us to study conflict and harmony in a way that is both effective and a lot of fun.
The Tui Shou curriculum is well developed and thorough and includes the following:
1. Basic single arm sticking drills
2. The 1-8 single and double arm drills
3. Four hands stationary drills
4. Two person walking drills
5. Da lu or the large roll back
6. The two person 88 movement form
7. Single application study
8. Free play and more…
We’ll begin by reviewing the basics for beginners and venturing into the single and double arm drills and beginning walking drills.