This page is collection of class materials and other good resources
for the study and practice of Tai Chi Chuan.
It is a work in progress, so you may wish to drop by on occasion to see what's new...
The following modules offer a listing of the primary concepts and practices presented in the classroom at various levels of skill development. Please note that students are not required to use these in any particular way in order to participate in class. I am, however, told they are quite helpful in the learning process and they will be a useful guide for those wanting certificates of achievement.
1. Module 1: Simple Qigong and Beginning Qigong Theory
2. Module 2: Introduction to Tai Chi Chuan
3. Module 3: Learning the Five Section Short Form
4. Module 7: Tai Chi Bare Hand Partner Drills I
4. Module 9: Tai Chi Kicks and Drills
Class handouts and other reading
1. Six Qigong Core Principles (applies well to Tai Chi also)
2. Notes on the Tai Chi Classics I
3. Tai Chi - Mastering Basic Principles
4. Movements of the Tai Chi 5-Section Form
5. Movements of the Tai Chi Long Form
6. Seattle Wise Orchid Workshop Notes
A Few Good Books
* Embrace Tiger, Return to Mountain
* Tai Chi Touchstones: Yang Family Secret Transmissions
* Lost Tai Chi Classics from the Late Ch'ing Dynasty
* Sam Masich's Notebook of Handouts
(reproduced here with permission and highly recommended)
* Full Circle Arts Newsletter Archive